Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Helpdesk call

Problem: The computer by the window in office XX.NN is not working

Fair enough. I go to office XX.NN to see what the problem is.

My Problem...There is no computer by the window, in fact, there is no desk by the window.

I call the teacher that called with the problem, I wanted to verify the office number and if the problematic computer is in fact in that office.

Teacher: Of course the computer is in there, I was in there earlier today

Me: Really, are you sure the computer is by the window?

Teacher: Yes

Me: The only computer that was in that office was on the right side, as you walk in, wall....

Teacher: That's the computer that isn't working

Me: I see...That desk or computer aren't by the window

Teacher: Well, its close to the window

Me: [silence]

Teacher: Has it been fixed yet?

Me: No, not yet, I just wanted to confirm that I had the right computer in the right office. I'll fix it today.

Solution: Plug the computer's power cords into the electrical extension on the floor under the desk on the right side, as you walk in, wall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the power bar under the window? This is important!

Great said...

Actually, the power bar was right under the desk.